ABOUT THIS ADVENTURE
Did you know that there are a bunch of secluded islands off the coast of Singapore?! I didn’t! After finishing up a 6-month job that literally took me around the world ending in Malaysia, I wanted a few days of unwinding in a tropical paradise. A friend of mine suggested “the islands off of Singapore” (huh?!) which prompted my search and led me to Cempedak Island.
From Singapore’s Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal it takes about 2.5 hours to get to Cempedak Island. Up first is an hour boat ride to Bintan Island followed by an hour car ride (organized by the resort) and then finally a 30 minute boat ride. When you arrive, let me just say, WOW! I could tell from photos I was in for a luxurious getaway, but nothing prepared me for the reality of this resort. Cempedak Island BLEW-ME-AWAY!
Cempedak Island is a 42-acre private island 5 miles off the east coast of Bintan and 56 miles from Singapore. It’s designed to offer guests “simple barefoot luxury” which it exceeds at perfectly. Cempedak Island’s rainforest terrain is surrounded by pristine sandy beaches making it one of the most idyllic islands I’ve stepped foot on. The gasp-worthy accommodations will leave you in awe. Each of its bamboo villas with crescent-shaped curved roofs offers an open-air oasis. Cempedak Island’s villas are fit for royalty.
The private infinity pools complete with stunning views of the South China Sea, huge decks, bar, outdoor showers, vaulted ceilings and a king sized bed will make you feel like a royal yourself. The island’s small size means easy accessibility by foot, golf cart or kayak making it effortless to access its restaurant’s finger lickin’ good meals and spa’s rejuvenating massages (legit one of the best deep tissue massages of my life). Guests must be at least 16-years-old (aka no kids allowed!) so prepare for an adults-only getaway. Whether you visit with a lover, family member or friend, Cempedak Island is a slice of heaven. Enjoy your stay!
Here’s 24 Things To Do on Cempedak Island:
1. Splash around in your private infinity pool
2. Enjoy living it up in your bamboo villa
3. Eat breakfast with picture perfect views
4. And every delicious meal of the day with those views
5. Drink watermelon mimosas on your private beach
6. Make having the blues a good thing
7. Kayak around the island checking out the villas
8. Get bamboozled by the hand-crafted architecture
9. Live up #beachlife and #poollife… why choose one?
10. Take that classic floating in the pool photo
11. Hike through the jungle
12. Search mangroves for hidden immunity idols
13. Watch sunset beachside
14. Or from above at the Dodo Bar
15. Enjoy happy hour drinks with friends
16. Or while playing games
17. Wake up early for a tropical sunrise
18. Stay in bed as long as you want
19. Pop bubbly while enjoying that #robelife
20. Channel your inner mermaid or merman
21. Make friends with the local wildlife
22. Strip down for a dope AF deep tissue massage
23. Use the outdoor showers even if you’re not dirty
24. Laugh like a kid on a swing
Psst – did you find this post informative? Useful? Inspiring? Save it for later on Pinterest!